AVP – Retail Lending Sales and Development Officer
Invest Your Talents in Bay State Savings Bank
We are a mutual savings bank with over 100+ years of success in the Worcester banking community. Our commitment to being at the forefront of banking technology, without losing our personal touch, ensures that we will continue to grow and prosper. Invest your talents in Bay State Savings Bank!
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the general direction of the VP – Retail Lending and Loan Servicing Officer and EVP – Senior Lender; performs a variety of business development and customer service functions relative to residential and consumer lending. Represent BSSB as an ambassador of the Retail Lending Department.
ESSENTIAL POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Ensure that BSSB retail lending customers are having the most enjoyable experience possible
- Responsible for achieving production goals through ongoing sales management and coordinated marketing programs.
- Maintain an awareness of economic and competitive factors affecting the achievement of established organizational goals.
- Liaison between loan origination officers and underwriting, processing, and closings for all residential mortgages and consumer loans.
- Develop, support, and train loan origination staff regarding all aspects of residential and consumer loan origination.
- Mentor originators on how to identify and maximize cross-sale opportunities and up-selling mortgage products and consumer loan products.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with regulatory developments as they affect mortgage lending.
- Works with Marketing Department to implement marketing and advertising programs related to Retail Banking.
- Research and develop business partnerships in the mortgage industry to increase the Bank’s exposure and presence within existing or new markets.
- Establish a realtor outreach program with the mortgage originators.
- Seek out and recommend additional business opportunities for loan products, programs, and enhancements.
- Serve on internal committees, including management and planning committees.
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts within the industry.
- Update and obtain underwriting certifications as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A thorough understanding of the requirements and features of industry-standard Retail Lending products and programs.
- A high level of organizational and managerial skills to effectively supervise and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Bank’s retail lending activities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements relative to the origination, processing, and servicing of consumer loan products and programs.
- Solid analytical and credit skills to allow for the sound underwriting of residential mortgage applications. Knowledge of MHFA, FHA, and other government financing programs is required.
- Ability to work w/ outside service providers (legal counsel, auditors, examiners, appraisers, etc.).
- Proactive, precise, highly motivated, and able to adapt and thrive within the Bank’s credit culture.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior management experience.
- Education equal to a 4-year college degree, preferably in the area of accounting or finance.
- Sound knowledge of state and federal bank regulations and Secondary Market requirements. Five to seven years of progressively increased responsibility in the mortgage and consumer lending areas to become an expert in loan origination.
- Proficiency can be achieved through five years of progressive on-the-job experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting and tax returns.
- High-level working knowledge of software; COCC, Encompass, Loan Writer, Excel, Word, etc.